Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dee-Jade Chock, 29, RIP

A classmate from the University of San Francisco recently passed away after a 12-year fight with kidney cancer. Try as I might, I can't remember Dee-Jade, but Doc Robertson wrote a touching tribute over at his blog
Rest in peace Dee-Jade. my heart goes out to her husband. I can't even imagine.
Here's the obituary that ran April 3 in the San Francisco Chronicle.
The last piece is wonderful: Dee wanted to create a fund to assist young people with cancer completing higher education. Donations, in lieu of flowers, will go towards the fund.

7 comments:

....J.Michael Robertson said...

Thank you again for writing about your experiences, George. People need to see, to know, to get some suggestions on how to measure up.

Stephanie said...

That was, indeed, a very touching piece. I suppose even more so, since the close friend of my mother's, who I've mentioned in previous blog comments, passed away earlier this month as well. My heart goes out to Dee-Jade's loved ones. She sounds like she was an amazing young woman. It's wonderful how even in death she will be helping other people through the fund. Thanks for sharing this, George.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would love to mention that this post extremely forced me to try and do therefore! really nice post. thanks, here's a similar subject you'll like [url=http://www.aeonity.com/corina33/benefits-having-natural-light-alarm-time-clock]Collectables[/url]

Ashley Williams said...

Thank you for such a valuable information!!