Sunday, July 8, 2007

My story...part 1

So...Ive been think all this week and all weekend on how to go about this...how to go about telling a story thats been a blur for almost 5 years. I'm still not now sure, but, i guess there's no better place to start then the beginning...

Where were you 9-11? I, like most days back then i was asleep. My mom came in and woke me up. She was said, Paul we're under attack! For the next days, weeks, and months, my eyes where glued to the TV. Like most people, i felt helpless to do anything. So i did the only thing i could do...go back to my everyday. I had a weekly radio show back then and the following week after 9-11, i went back in the air to play music...did what i did.

Around that time, i was chasing after this girl by the name of Belle. She was very attractive, smart, USC educated, and pretty much everything i was looking for in a girl at that time. We'd hang, talk, share stories, go places, and just have fun. Everyone that i worked with knew how interested i was in her...i think she knew too. So, as I went on Belle made a comment to me that shook me to the core...in fact, it sent in motion everything that has happen till now. We were talking one day about people we would like to date...She started to rattle off this list that made me turn white. Drive, ambition, goals, going to college, a career, a car, and on and on. What she meant was...not me. I had none of that, nor did have the faintest idea of how to get it. It was one of those kick in the balls that made you take a few steps back. I didn't know what to do but continue on.

But what Belle said, got me thinking. What the fuck was i doing with my life? I mean, by that point in my life i should have graduated with some sort of degree, been on my way to a career, a new car, a house, everything that Belle was looking for, i wanted to be...and i wasn't. I was hopping from school to school, from job to job, with zero ambition to do anything but float. I need to do something with my life.

So, I decided to join the Navy. Not for patriotic duty...no. But for me. To get the fuck out of LA, live a life that Ive only read about. And so I did. And in the Summer of 04, i said goodbye to my life at the point, and i left for new one.

No comments: