Friday, September 28, 2007

"22,228.09"

The latest bill arrived for my chemotherapy. Between 6/21/07 and 9/18/07, I've accrued $22,228.09 in total charges. Excluding the $200 i paid for my CT Scan back in July, which cost $4,036, I now owe $20.
I have great health care coverage.
but if I didn't I'd be absolutely screwed. The cost for my cancer treatment is more than half what i make in a year at my full-time job.
I haven't the strength to make an argument, or even initiate much of a discussion, about the state of health care in the united states of America right now, but this is something we all need to keep in mind.

4 comments:

Paul Contreras said...

i still win...i topped out at 36 plus K....

the cancer blogs said...

I'm not sure this is about anyone winning. it makes me worry about those who can't afford treatment.

Nathan Olivarez-Giles said...

Yeah, not being able to pay that kind of bill has way to high a cost...makes moving to Canada seem like a good idea.

Diana said...

Makes me wonder why the cost of life-saving treatments is less then the cost of the birth of my baby Harley, which supposedly is a natural process that we've been doing for generations. Insurance was billed $51,000 for the birth and hospital stay. Thankfully we have insurance to pay for it, but we are the lucky ones.