Monday, August 20, 2007

Sunday was pretty miserable

I'm not going to lie. yesterday was pretty tough and that's why I'm feeling better today than I might normally.
I'm not sure how to explain this yet: what the chemo feels like. Julie's mom said it was like an electronic buzz in your body. that's one way to explain it.
but for me, it feels like multiple hangovers at once. meaning there are multiple vibrations, motions, or rhythms working at once, and against each other, within my body at the same time. the only way to feel better is to get them in sync.
for example, I seem to be suffering from this thing called RLS (restless leg syndrome -- brooks can explain that one!) which makes your leg bounce or move uncontrollably. so my legs want to move like they're running, but my torso is tired like I've worked out all day long and in need of a rest. meanwhile, I've also got a Stye (spelling?) in my left eye. but that's separate, i suppose. it would be easier to handle if it was one motion, or one rhythm, but it's multiple ones, so it's harder to concentrate on where needs to be healed, or where my healing energies should be focused upon.
i got sick around 11 a.m. yesterday, a little after mass, and it didn't subside until 2 a.m. this morning.
but i don't feel like that today. and while I'm not 100 percent, it's better than yesterday, which means today is a good day.

No comments: